Buying a Home
Whether your looking to buy your first home or your buying a vacation home below is a checklist to help minimize mistakes and serve as a roadmap to purchasing a home.
- Contact a Better Living Realty LLC agent and discuss the type of home you are looking for. ( Towns/Cities, number of bedrooms, max price, garages, yard, etc)
- Speak with a mortgage professional and obtain a pre-qualification letter. ( This will allow you to know how much you can afford)
- Obtain pertinent information on each town. ( School system, taxes, zoning, etc. )
- Browse the homes on the internet that your Better Living Realty LLC professional has sent via email.
- Have your Better Living agent set up showings on the homes that you are interested in.
- Work with your Better Living agent to draw up an offer based on the market value and condition of the home of your choice.
- Once an offer is accepted, hire a certified home inspector to inspect the home.
- Review the entire inspection report with your Better Living agent. Negotiate repairs/credits if necessary.
- Conduct a final walkthrough the day of or day before the closing. Property should be cleaned, repairs that were negotiated completed, and all of sellers belongings should be removed ( unless otherwise noted on sales contract or addendum )
- Take the keys from the sellers and enjoy your new home.